Hi! Welcome to my blog about life, love, fabric, friends, and everything in between. Here’s a baker’s dozen about me:
- When I was little, I wanted to be a Muppeteer. I still love Statler and Waldorf (the two old guys that sit in the theatre box), and I carry my Grover coffee mug proudly to marketing meetings.
- I am learning to speak Nederlands (Dutch). Am I fluent yet? Alstublieft. Let’s put it this way…I have a lot of work to do.
- There is no such thing as too much chocolate, too much Tabasco, or too much fabric.
- My dad has a green eye and a blue eye. If I wear green my eyes look green. If I wear blue my eyes look blue. I, like my father, am a freak of nature.
- I love to stay up late and sleep in. My husband is the exact opposite.
- I’ve cheered in the stands at an Olympic soccer game, dropped a penny from the top of the Empire State Building, eaten kroketten in Amsterdam, sung in St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans, and visited a nudist colony (get your mind out of the gutter… I didn’t participate, I just wrote an article about it).
- I direct weddings. Some of what I have seen people say or do at weddings would fill a book: wedding pies, a hawk carrying the wedding rings, a naked bride, tattooed bridemaids, etc…and that’s just from the weddings I have directed this year.
- I call my husband by his nickname. I giggle whenever I call him by his given name, Robert.
- I am a child of the ’80s. I will watch reruns of CHiPs, Night Court, and Magnum P.I. in a heartbeat, and I think its blasphemous they have recently “updated” Rainbow Bright and Strawberry Shortcake.
- It’s a good day when new magazines are in the mailbox. Now all I need is some green tea and I’m all set.
- Airports fascinate me. People coming and going, trams, bad coffee…I wish I could stand at the arrivals gate anytime I’m feeling blue.
- I will beat Super Mario Brothers sometime in my lifetime. The princess will be mine!
- To be continued!